Name Change Affidavit

Your name of record is the name listed in the Columbia University Student Information System. To change your name, use this form.
IMPORTANT: This form cannot be submitted electronically. Please type in the required information, print, sign and mail to the appropriate address. This form must also be notarized by a Notary Public.
With your name change affidavit, you should send photocopies of the following:
  • Government-issued photo ID
  • Another form of ID
  • Proof of use of the old name (credit card, University ID Card, marriage certificate, bank statement, etc.)
Registration & Financial Services @ CUMC
Columbia University
650 W. 168th Street
Unit 45, Black Building Room 141
New York, NY 10032